– 6-8 thickish slices of Surmai fish
– 3 lemons, juice extracted
– 1 1/2 tsp chilly powder
– oil as required salt to taste
– 25 gm ginger
– 8 cloves
– 20 gm black cardamoms
– 20gm cinnamon
– 15 gm cumin seeds
– 25 gm ani seeds
– 8 peppercorns
– Pound finely ginger, cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon, cumin and aniseed powders and peppercorns.
– Mix these in the lime juice along with chilly powder and salt to taste.
– Cover the fish slices with this mixture and let them marinate thus soaked in the mixture for half an hour.
– Place a frying pan on fire and fry these slices two or three at a time by adding oil as required.
– When they are fried brown and crisp serve them directly from the pan with any chutney.